This is a very interesting and comprehensive report from the Mayo Clinic, an American nonprofit academic medical center focused on integrated clinical practice, education, and research.
Care must be taken when directing patients toward CBD products because there is little regulation, and studies have found inaccurate labeling of CBD and tetrahydrocannabinol quantities. This article provides an overview of the scientific work on cannabinoids, CBD, and hemp oil and the distinction between marijuana, hemp, and the different components of CBD and hemp oil products.
- The Endocannabinoid System
- Legal and Regulatory Considerations
- CBD and Hemp Oils
- Potential Therapeutic Actions
- Safety and Adverse Effects
- Finding a Quality Product
- Conclusions and Future Research
Read the full report here:
Clinicians’ Guide to Cannabidiol and Hemp Oils – Mayo Clinic Proceedings